Monday, September 10, 2012
MACON, Ga. – ETSU's Ramey Kerns became the first Atlantic Sun women's soccer student-athlete to win two Player of the Week honors this season, while FGCU's Brittany Brown won her first career Defensive Player of the Week award, announced Monday by the league office.
Kerns totaled 10 points with four goals and two assists in two wins for the Buccaneers, while Brown earned two wins vs. Tulsa and Saint Louis in the net for FGCU.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Ramey Kerns, ETSU (F – Jr. – Kings Mountain, N.C. – Exercise Science)
- Third Career Atlantic Sun Player of Week; second of the season
- Amassed 10 points on the week in two ETSU wins
- Tallied a hat trick in 3-2 win vs. Western Carolina - 10th in ETSU program history
- Added a goal and two assists in 4-2 victory against Winthrop
- Has scored in six-straight games; leads the A-Sun in points (21) and goals (9)
- Shea Rhoney (MF/F, FGCU) - Totaled three points for the Eagles in wins vs. Saint Louis and Tulsa
- Maria Silbersack (MF, Northern Kentucky) - Netted two goals in 4-2 victory vs. Murray State
- Lauren Gassie (MF, Mercer) - Scored two goals in 7-0 blowout win vs. Alcorn State
- Molly Bray (MF, Lipscomb) - Tallied lone Lipscomb goal against UT-Martin
- Amber Grose (MF, Stetson) - Registered four points in 5-2 win vs. Florida Atlantic
- Sarah Moghadas (MF, Jacksonville) - Tallied goal and an assist on the week for the Dolphins
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Brittany Brown, FGCU (GK – Fr. – Rochester, N.Y.)
- First Career Atlantic Sun Player of the Week
- Went 2-0 on the week with wins vs. Tulsa and St. Louis
- Made 11 total saves including six in shutout of Tulsa
- Helped the Eagles moves to 5-1-1 on the season
- Lowered her GAA to 0.70 - second-best in the A-Sun
- Danielle Hurme (D, Stetson) - Netted the game-winning goal in 5-2 contest vs. FAU
Follow the Atlantic Sun on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.