Wednesday, February 13, 2013
MACON, Ga. - Lipscomb's Dani Walker and Kennesaw State's Gwen Jones earned their second Atlantic Sun Women's Indoor Track and Field honors of the season as announced by the conference office on Wednesday.
Walker dominated the mile, finishing in first place by 13 seconds, while Jones tossed a season best in the A-Sun in the weight throw (18.2m).
TRACK ATHLETE OF THE WEEK:
Dani Walker, Lipscomb
(Jr. – Distance – Wichita, Kan. – Kinesiology)
- Second Career Indoor Track Athlete of the Week award; second this season
- Won the Indiana Hoosiers Hills Invitation Mile by 13 seconds, crossing the line in 4:45.33
- Beat the Bisons school record in the mile by 12 seconds
- Time in the mile marks the best time in the A-Sun this season
- Ran a 4:46 split for her portion of the distance medley relay
FIELD ATHLETE OF THE WEEK:
- Cynthia Davis (Sr., Kennesaw State) – Marked a personal best time and new school record in the 200m (24.40)
- Chelsea Clark (Jr., ETSU) – Edged out a victory in the mile run at the Tiger Paw Invitational, clocking a 5:00.32
- Kendall Richmond (Sr., Northern Kentucky) – Placed third in the 200m, setting a personal best and a school record (24.40)
- Dominique Nock (Fr., USC Upstate) – Set three school records for the Spartans at the Tiger Paw Invitational
(Sr. – Throws– Statesboro, Ga. – Communications)
- Second Career Indoor Field Athlete of the Week award; second this season
- Set a new KSU record in the weight throw (18.2m) with a fourth place finish at the Samford Indoor Invite
- Heave in the weight throw marks the top distance in the A-Sun this season
- Finished 12th in the shot put (13.3m) which is currently No. 4 in the A-Sun this season
- Ashley Kessler (Fr., ETSU) – Earned bronze in the pole vault; setting a personal best in the event of 3.48m.
- Lindsey Enders (Fr., North Florida) – Vault of 12' 5.5" at the Samford Invite marks the highest in the A-Sun this season by four inches
Follow the Atlantic Sun on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.