Wednesday, January 09, 2013
MACON, Ga. - Northern Kentucky's Karena Fulks and Lipscomb's April Terry won the second Atlantic Sun Women's Indoor Track and Field honors of the season, announced by the conference office on Wednesday.
Fulks set two NKU sprinting records at the Kent State Golden Flash Gala, while Terry passed two Lipscomb throwing records at the Ed Temple Classic in Nashville.
TRACK ATHLETE OF THE WEEK:
Karena Fulks, Northern Kentucky
(Fr. – Sprints – Jackson, Ohio)
FIELD ATHLETE OF THE WEEK:
April Terry, Lipscomb
- First Career Track Athlete of the Week award
- Set two NKU program records in 60m and 200m dashes
- Ran a 8.16 second 60-meter dash at the Golden Flash Gala
- Added a time of 26.98 in the 200m; beating previous record by more than a half-second
(So. – Throws – Little Rock, Ark. – Psychology)
- Second Career Indoor Field Athlete of the Week award
- Set school records in the weight throw and shot put at Ed Temple Classic
- Threw 15.37m in the weight throw for third place
- Added fourth place finish in shot put with toss of 12.37m
- Tyler Thomas (Fr., Northern Kentucky) – Set an NKU record in the high jump with a mark of 1.6m
Follow the Atlantic Sun on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.