Monday, March 04, 2013
MACON, Ga. – FGCU's Chelsea Zgrabik and North Florida's Kayla Goff captured Atlantic Sun Softball Weekly Honors after dominating performances this week.
Zgrabik smashed a grand slam out of the park tally a total of six of the Eagles eight runs vs. Maine, while Goff had a 4-0 week in the circle to lead the Ospreys to an 11 game winning streak.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK:
Chelsea Zgrabik, FGCU
(Jr. – C – Venice, Fla. – Sociology)
- Second Career Player of the Week award; first this season
- Knocked out a grand slam in the Eagles win vs. Maine
- Drove in six of FGCU's eight runs against Maine
- Recorded a slugging percentage of 1.067 over the five game weekend
- Nearly averaged two RBI per hit over the weekend
- Marked a total of three home runs and 13 RBIs for the Eagles in five games
PITCHER OF THE WEEK:
Kayla Goff, North Florida
- Danica Mandarano (Jr., North Florida) – Led the Ospreys with a .550 batting average this week
- Chelsea Whalley (Sr., Stetson) – Had a bases-loaded two-run single and a bases-loaded three-run double against Niagara
- Ashley Simon (So., Jacksonville) – Collected five RBIs, three runs and two home runs in five games
- Alexis Collis (Fr., Kennesaw State) – Tallied team-high three RBI on a three-run pinch hit double vs. South Carolina
(So. – P – Brandon, Fla. – Elementary Education)
- First Career Pitcher of the Week award
- Went 4-0 with two complete game shutouts for the Osprey this week
- Allowed only one earned run on the week in 23.2 innings
- Put out 17 batters in the Osprey Invitational
- Led UNF to its first early-season tournament title with a 9-1 win vs. Princeton in the final.
- Meredith Owen (Jr., Stetson) – Retired 15 of the 17 batters she faced this week
- Victoria Brown (Fr., Jacksonville) – Captured a win vs. the Big 10's Michigan State allowing only two runs
- Shelby Morgan (Jr., FGCU) – Recorded a 0.44 ERA in her three outings for the Eagles
- Amanda Henderson (Sr., Kennesaw State) – Collected 19 strikeouts in two games for the Owls
Follow the Atlantic Sun on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.