Wednesday, April 10, 2013
MACON, Ga. - Lipscomb's Tucker Peabody and Kennesaw State's Bilal Abdullah posted a record breaking weekend to earn Atlantic Sun Track and Field Weekly Honors, as announced by the conference on Wednesday.
Peabody set a new Lipscomb record in the 200m and the 100m, while Abdullah marked a KSU record in the high jump.
TRACK ATHLETE OF THE WEEK:
Tucker Peabody, Lipscomb
(Jr. – Sprints – Memphis, Tenn. – Biology)
- Second Career Outdoor Track Athlete of the Week award; first this season
- Set two school records at the Sun Angel Classic hosted by Arizona State
- Timed in with the fastest time in the A-Sun in the 200m with a time of 21.13 seconds to finish fifth
- Crossed the finish line in 10.5 seconds to finish third in the 100m
- Currently ranks second in the A-Sun in the 100m
FIELD ATHLETE OF THE WEEK:
Bilal Abdullah, Kennesaw State
- Josh Mulder (Fr., Kennesaw State) – Broke a school record in the 400m with a time of 53.01
- Gilbert Kemboi (Sr., USC Upstate) – Marked an Upstate record in the 5000m with a time of 14:09.86
(Fr. – Combined – Gwinnett, Ga. – Computer Science)
- First Career Outdoor Field Athlete of the Week award
- Posted a new school record in the high jump at the Florida Relays
- Leap of 2.16 is currently the best in the A-Sun
- Jump ranks No. 14 nationally
- Gemikal Prude (So., Lipscomb) – Set a new school record in the high jump (2.15m) enroute to winning the Sun Angel Classic
- Kenny Sugishita (Sr., USC Upstate) – Earned two second-place finishes last weekend at Wofford's Terrier Relays (discus, hammer throw)
Follow the Atlantic Sun on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.