Wednesday, March 28, 2012
MACON, Ga. – ETSU's Sander Gille took home his second Atlantic Sun Men's Tennis Player of the Week honors of the season after going 2-0 at No. 1 singles and 2-0 at No. 1 doubles, announced by the league office on Wednesday. Gille helped the Bucs to a 2-0 week in conference play after defeating FGCU and then No. 71 Stetson.
MEN'S PLAYER OF THE WEEK:
Sander Gille, ETSU (Sr. – Kuringen, Belgium - Management)
• Second Career A-Sun Player of the Week award; Second of the season
• Went a combined 4-0 on the week with a 2-0 No. 2 singles record and a 2-0 No.1 doubles record
• Improved his overall record to 14-8, 8-5 dual, helped push the Bucs' winning streak to six in a row
• Against then No. 71 Stetson, Gille and Robin Akser took down Njal Stene and Hans Adrian Riseng 8-3
• Teamed with Roger Ordeig at the No. 1 to defeat FGCU's Matthew Rocka and Lance Lvovsky 8-4
• Has a 14-8 singles record on the year
Follow the Atlantic Sun on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.